Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Fuel Problems

Malawi is experiencing a few problems getting enough fuel into the country. This means that there have been enormous lines at the pumps for the past few weeks. Word gets out that there is fuel arriving at a particular gas station and within an hour the gas station looks something like this.

On my way to the village last week I got a ride with some co-workers who were headed out of town in my direction. They left to find fuel at about 9am. I walked to the gas station around noon to join them. By 2pm we had fuel. And we were on our way!

I asked my co-worker if I could take a picture at the gas station while we were waiting. He said that people wouldn't be too happy to see me taking a picture. So, I gave him the camera and he stealthily took this picture. Here's hoping we get more fuel soon, because it's making getting around pretty difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment