Friday, February 19, 2010

It's Obvious!

This morning when I was running I was joined by another, Malawian, jogger. It was good timing because I'd just had a discussion the day before with my work mates about how few Malawians exercised for pleasure (or fitness I guess). And, I guess my co-workers are right, the majority of Malawians are in great shape because they work all day.

The Malawian that joined me today is used to running long distances, but this morning he was late leaving (it was already 5:30am) and he saw me and decided to run with me instead of his usual routine.

After jogging for a while we exchanged names. I went first, and then he said 'My name is Obvious'. Ok, I thought I won't forget that name (in general I'm not very good at remembering people's names). Apparently, Obvious is a fairly common name in Malawi (although I haven't run into anyone with that name before).

I'll be looking out for Obvious on my future runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment